Non-Member name correction

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dennisorvaldavis

Re: Non-Member name correction

Post by dennisorvaldavis »

Thank you for all of your replies. A member of our bishopric did create an account for me today in MLS so maybe now I can make the necessary changes. And, yes, MLS is still on the clerk's computer.
headj

Post by headj »

When I tried this on MLS, I could update the marriage information, but not name of the spouse. Those fields were grayed-out and inaccessible. Has anyone found a way around this or a way to make it work?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

headj wrote:When I tried this on MLS, I could update the marriage information, but not name of the spouse. Those fields were grayed-out and inaccessible. Has anyone found a way around this or a way to make it work?
Is the spouse a member or non-member? If the spouse is a member then any corrections to the spouse's information must be done on their record. If the wrong person entirely is linked then you'll either need to terminate the marriage or send a special request to remove the marriage since it was erroneous (and not keep it in the member's marriage history).

If the spouse is a non-member then those fields should not be greyed out and you should be able to edit the name and birthdate.

Return to “Membership Help”