Marriage record missing member number can't fix

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
raddy1

Marriage record missing member number can't fix

Post by raddy1 »

Hi All,

New assistant ward clerk here. I'm trying to fix a member's record. It shows the male member as married, but the spouse's record number is not in the record. The female member's record shows not married. If I try and add her husband manually through the individual's member record, it shows he is already married. I can't add the member number for the wife in the husband's individual record because it's blocked out. Help please!

Thank you,

Roger Addy
eblood66

Re: Marriage record missing member number can't fix

Post by eblood66 »

On the husband's record, did you change the 'Is a Member?' question from No to Yes in the Edit Marriage dialog? In the test install the MRN field is enabled when this question is changed to Yes. If that works, it should also update the wife's record (although it may take a few hours and a send/recieve after making the change and again after waiting a few hours).

If that doesn't work then you'll probably need to call Local Unit Support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:If that doesn't work then you'll probably need to call Local Unit Support.
Or use the "Special Request" feature in MLS to tell CHQ about the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
raddy1

Post by raddy1 »

eblood66 wrote:On the husband's record, did you change the 'Is a Member?' question from No to Yes in the Edit Marriage dialog? In the test install the MRN field is enabled when this question is changed to Yes. If that works, it should also update the wife's record (although it may take a few hours and a send/recieve after making the change and again after waiting a few hours).

If that doesn't work then you'll probably need to call Local Unit Support.
Thank you for replying. The "is a member" question is yes. The entire upper section is greyed out. I also just noticed that the wife's maiden name is incorrect. It is filled in with the married name.
raddy1

Post by raddy1 »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:If that doesn't work then you'll probably need to call Local Unit Support.
Or use the "Special Request" feature in MLS to tell CHQ about the problem.
OK. I'll give it a try. Thank you.
raddy1

Post by raddy1 »

Thank you to eblood66 and russellhltn. I called the Local Unit Support and explained the situation and they corrected it from their end.

Return to “Membership Help”