Displaying names of children who have passed on

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ajosepholsen

Displaying names of children who have passed on

Post by ajosepholsen »

A member of our ward recently gave birth to a child, and the child was immediately blessed by his father and the bishop before entering the NICU and passing away the next day. I recorded the child's blessing and the unfortunate death. The child's records are no longer in the ward, obviously, but the child's name doesn't even appear on the parents' records. That doesn't seem right to me. Is there a way to display the child's name on his parents' records? Or should I not worry about it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Displaying names of children who have passed on

Post by russellhltn »

No, it should be on the parent's records. I'm guessing that somehow the child wasn't attached to the parent's record when created. I'd suggest you use the special request feature to contact CHQ and have the child attached. Make sure you tell them that you created a child-of-record and you need that attached - not just a name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Displaying names of children who have passed on

Post by aebrown »

If this was done in MLS, did you do a Send/Receive after recording the child's blessing? Recording the blessing would create the child of record membership record, assign an MRN, and attach the child to the parents. Subsequently recording the death should work as expected. But it it was all done at the same time without doing a Send/Receive in between, I could see the possibility of some of that not happening.

Return to “Membership Help”