Address auto-format

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Address auto-format

Post by drepouille »

Today is the first time I have used the address auto-format feature on LCR. It's wonderful!

What I really love is the way it automatically adds the Zip+4 digits. If you make a change to an address, and it does not suggest another format, you either got it right, or the address you entered does not exist. If you simply add a trailing hyphen to the basic zip code (e.g., "84100-"), it should add the Zip+4. If it doesn't then something is wrong with the address.

I absolutely love having every address and every telephone number in the ward follow exactly the same format.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Re: Address auto-format

Post by drepouille »

The only argument I am having with the LCR address auto-format is when I have both a physical street address and a PO Box number. The auto-formatter wants to keep the PO Box and discard the street address, which is NOT a good thing.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

drepouille wrote:The only argument I am having with the LCR address auto-format is when I have both a physical street address and a PO Box number. The auto-formatter wants to keep the PO Box and discard the street address, which is NOT a good thing.
Well, duh. That's why LCR provides both Residential Address and Mailing Address! Silly me.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

My ward is about 80% apartments. The address auto-format in LCR moves the "Apt xxx" portion of the address into the Street2 field. Some of the LCR reports (for example Members Moved In) do not show the Street2 field, which makes the report less useful if I don't override the auto-format. The U.S. Postal Service zip-code lookup web page formats "Standardized Addresses" with the entire Street address on one line. What I would like in LCR is a ward-level preference setting to format the street address on one line. This would save time, allow the reports to be more complete, and save paper when reports are printed.

BAD:
John Smith
4088 S 300 E
Apt F
Salt Lake City UT 84107-1603

GOOD:
John Smith
4088 S 300 E Apt F
Salt Lake City UT 84107-1603
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I agree. I don't like it when LCR moves apartment number or trailer number to the Street2 field, either.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

For some of the wards in my stake, it would be very handy to have the apartment number in its own field, if the member list allowed sorting by that field. As of now, though, there's no option to sort by address line 2.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”