Missing baptism and confirmation records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
craigturner

Missing baptism and confirmation records

Post by craigturner »

a family moved into our ward and baptism and confirmation records were not sent in with one of the children. How do I see if the records exist somewhere?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing baptism and confirmation records

Post by russellhltn »

craigturner wrote:a family moved into our ward and baptism and confirmation records were not sent in with one of the children. How do I see if the records exist somewhere?
The best way would be to call Local Unit Support and talk to them. But if you have the child's individual record (they show up in places other than on the parent's record), then chances are it wasn't recorded. It's possible there's a duplicate record, so that's worth checking for. I guess you could try requesting the record and see if there's another copy out there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”