How Record Death of Spouse Who is Non-Member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
The4Wilsons

How Record Death of Spouse Who is Non-Member

Post by The4Wilsons »

In LDS Tools application it shows the member and their spouse. We have a spouse who is a member whose husband (a non-member) passed away. I cannot find anywhere in MLS or LDS.org where I can enter his death. The main thing we want to accomplish is that it still shows his name in the LDS Tools application as if they are still together. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How Record Death of Spouse Who is Non-Member

Post by russellhltn »

I think you have to do it in MLS. Terminate the marriage. Reason: death of spouse.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: How Record Death of Spouse Who is Non-Member

Post by eblood66 »

The4Wilsons wrote:I cannot find anywhere in MLS or LDS.org where I can enter his death.
In MLS find the members record (using Membership > Individual Record on the menu), click on the Current Spouse tab, click on the Terminate Marriage link on the right side of the screen, enter the death date and 'Death' as the termination reason. Click Save and then do a send/receive.

The Directory on lds.org should update almost immediately. LDS Tools should update when each person synchronizes their data again.

Return to “Membership Help”