Individual listed as child of member in ward is actually not related

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Individual listed as child of member in ward is actually not related

Post by scgallafent »

walkrjg wrote:This basically entailed pulling up this person's name and making a comment in the "special request" field as to why it should be removed. I tried to follow their instructions to do so but, alas, was not able to because the person in question is not and has never been a member of our ward, so there is no name for me to comment on
You're not making a special request for the incorrectly listed child -- you're making it for the member of your ward whose record you do have. Go through the process for the member whose record is incorrect and provide the explanation of why that child should be removed from the member's record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Individual listed as child of member in ward is actually not related

Post by russellhltn »

walkrjg wrote:I tried to follow their instructions to do so but, alas, was not able to because the person in question is not and has never been a member of our ward, so there is no name for me to comment on
No, but you still have the parent's record, no?
walkrjg wrote:I also noticed that the person is no longer listed a family member on MLS, but still is on LDS.org.
I'm sure that will come back on the next Unit Refresh.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”