Adding names to the Nursery Attendance Roll

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sabbathman

Adding names to the Nursery Attendance Roll

Postby sabbathman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:00 am

Hello, I am a brand new clerk and am stumped on how to add a name of a child to the nursery roll.

I've printed the roll and two of our children do not show up who are over the age of 18 months. Both children are listed in LCR as being children to families that are listed as members in our branch, so I'm not sure why the children are not being listed in the roll. All pertinent information of the children are in LCR.

Thanks for the help.

Brother Tuoti
Del Norte Branch
Alamosa Colorado Stake

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding names to the Nursery Attendance Roll

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:10 am

sabbathman wrote:Both children are listed in LCR as being children to families that are listed as members in our branch, so I'm not sure why the children are not being listed in the roll.

Where are you seeing the children? A common misconception is that if you see the children on the parent's records, that you have the records - not so. That is strictly genealogical information. You'll see children there that have left home, moved out of the stake or maybe even deceased.

The real question is if the children have their own individual record. Do they show up in the ward directory or LDS Tools, or other places when you go to select individual members?

This issue is most common with convert families. The mission office will create records for all that are baptized, but will not create child-of-record for the underage children. But they will notate the children on the parent's records. It's up to the ward to create the record.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Adding names to the Nursery Attendance Roll

Postby scgallafent » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:56 am

It looks like the class assignment was not correctly added for these two children when they reached the appropriate age. You can manually assign them to the nursery using the following steps.

(Menu) Organizations > Primary
Nursery > View Organization
Under Nursery Members, click the "Add Member" link at the bottom right
Enter the member name and select the member
Click the Save button

Return to “Membership Help”