Member info changes

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Member info changes

Post by aebrown »

1marquisstanley wrote:Thank you both! So, I should be able to ask the clerks (executive and membership) for a printed list of changes and it will include those made by clerks and members?
Perhaps. There's no requirement to print or keep those update reports, and there's only one opportunity to print them. So the clerks might not have those reports.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1marquisstanley wrote:Thank you both! So, I should be able to ask the clerks (executive and membership) for a printed list of changes and it will include those made by clerks and members?
You can ask, but don't expect much. FIrst, as I recall, it only says that it has changed. Not from what or even to what - just that it changed. And it doesn't say by whom. Secondly, many clerks consider the notices a waste of paper and don't print it. Third, as I recall, the information is one page each transmission - they won't be able to give you a nice compact listing. The best they could do is hand you a big wad of paper (or PDFs) and tell you good luck.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I can't find any specific policy, but it would be prudent to get members' consent before putting their contact information on the directory.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

sbradshaw wrote:I can't find any specific policy, but it would be prudent to get members' consent before putting their contact information on the directory.
As sbradshaw stated it would be prudent to get member consent, as in many parts of the world there are strict Data Protection laws, which if not adhered to could lead to the Church open to prosecution. It would also be common courtesy to get the members permission.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:I can't find any specific policy, but it would be prudent to get members' consent before putting their contact information on the directory.
When someone joins the church they grant permission for the church to maintain certain basic records. So no permission is needed to enter an address and at least home phone. However, permission is needed to make the visibility setting in the directory more liberal so that more people can see the information. I'm not sure if it is necessary but it may be good to have permission to add additional cell phone numbers and email addresses that aren't necessarily needed for leaders to make contact with the person.

It is necessary to have permission from parents before entering contact information for minors.
1marquisstanley

Post by 1marquisstanley »

From what I see on my end as a member and from LCR side the view of information seems to be directed by the member; and they can not change addresses, only phones, emails, pictures etc.
The information that has been gathered is from USPS address forwarding, box closures etc. I am only trying to get the records to the appropriate ward or just plain find them. Any suggestions for this problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1marquisstanley wrote:From what I see on my end as a member and from LCR side the view of information seems to be directed by the member; and they can not change addresses, only phones, emails, pictures etc.
Clerks can also change this information.

1marquisstanley wrote:The information that has been gathered is from USPS address forwarding, box closures etc. I am only trying to get the records to the appropriate ward or just plain find them. Any suggestions for this problem.
Pass the information you find out to the ward clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”