Contact Previous Bishop

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
showseason

Contact Previous Bishop

Postby showseason » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:53 pm

The bishop asked me to mark a member, who is moving out soon, contact Previous Bishop. I know I can do this when I send a record out but what about a record that could be pulled by a new ward. Any way to mark it in LCR?

rontilby

Re: Contact Previous Bishop

Postby rontilby » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:48 pm

You can set the "Contact Prior Leader" flag to Yes when entering the move membership out transaction; or
you can place a "Move Restriction" on the the member record which will prevent the record from being moved until the "Move Restriction" is removed.
With a "Move Restriction" in place, a unit requesting the record will get a popup informing the user of the move restriction and displaying current leader's name and contact information.

There is no way that I know of to flag a record for "Contact Prior Leader" in advance of actually moving the record out.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Contact Previous Bishop

Postby russellhltn » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:13 pm

The only other alternative I'm aware of is to watch the transactions and when the record moves out, contact the unit leader.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”