Ghostly member on printed report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
TRobertshaw

Ghostly member on printed report

Post by TRobertshaw »

I viewed the Household records, and the children in the household on the screen. Then I printed it off. There is a child listed (age 11 but not baptized) who the parents say they have never heard of. She appears on the printout, she does not appear on the monitor. So I went to the list of members, and she is not there. How do I remove a person from the household who does not appear on the monitor?
eblood66

Re: Ghostly member on printed report

Post by eblood66 »

Children can show up in two places. First, is on the Children tab of the parent's record (go to Membership > Individual Record from the menu, find the parent and click on the Children tab on the left). This lists the parents children regardless of whether they have membership records or whether they are in the ward. It's basically genealogical information. The second is that a child with a record and who lives in the ward should also have their own membership record which can be found using Membership > Individual Record.

It sounds like this child is listed as a child on the parents record but doesn't have a membership record in the ward. If the information is in error you can remove the child by going to both parent's records, selecting the Children tab and clicking the Remove link to the right of the child's name.

Return to “Membership Help”