Young Man's Priesthood Ordination won't update on MLS or on LDS.org

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
slmeyer

Young Man's Priesthood Ordination won't update on MLS or on LDS.org

Postby slmeyer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 am

I am the ward clerk in my ward and I have a young man who turned 14 earlier this year and was ordained a teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood. Upon entering his ordination information, the membership clerk accidentally entered in a date for the ordination that was prior to the young man's birthdate. Church headquarters, through MLS, acknowledged this mishap by sending me a message about it, however, I've tried to correct the date of the ordination (which occurred after his birthday) on MLS and it won't accept it. I've tried to correct this problem three times now, thinking MLS and Church headquarters accepted the correction just to find out a week later, they did not and the young man's account continues to show him as a Deacon. Any thoughts as to how this can be permanently fixed and resolved? Does anyone know who at Church Headquarters I can contact to get this situation taken care of?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Young Man's Priesthood Ordination won't update on MLS or on LDS.org

Postby russellhltn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:35 pm

I'd suggest sending a Special Request in MLS.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”