No "Add Spouse to Household" button on "Current Spouse" tab

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
KOlive43

No "Add Spouse to Household" button on "Current Spouse" tab

Postby KOlive43 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:14 am

In MLS, I (the ward clerk) bring up the record of a sister in the ward who is a member and whose husband is a non-member. When I click on her "Current Spouse" tab, it shows all correct information about her husband, including his name, birth date, whether he's a member, marriage date, and marriage place. However, there is no "Add Spouse to Household" button anywhere to be seen, as I've seen mentioned in numerous posts on this site.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but there is a canary-colored note at the bottom of the screen that says, "Note: Member Sealed to Prior Spouse".

Why is there no "Add Spouse to Household" button? I am in the system as the ward clerk, and I have all MLS permissions except "Edit Recommends".

eblood66

Re: No "Add Spouse to Household" button on "Current Spouse" tab

Postby eblood66 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:27 am

The ability to create non-member records has been removed from MLS.

From the MLS release notes:

In support of the Church’s data privacy policy, removed the ability to create non-member records. Please note that this does not take away the ability to record the marriage of a member to a non-member spouse.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:18 am

See also:
"A nonmember spouse cannot be recorded as a head of household or a household member even if he or she lives at the same address as the member spouse."
https://www.lds.org/help/support/make-changes-to-member-households
Last Updated: 21 November 2014 at 11:12
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:32 am

KOlive43 wrote:Why is there no "Add Spouse to Household" button?

A nonmember spouse is already a part of the household once the marriage is recorded on the member's record. The Directory and LDS Tools get the nonmember spouse information from the membership record of the member spouse in the CMIS database at headquarters.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:48 am

jdlessley wrote:
KOlive43 wrote:Why is there no "Add Spouse to Household" button?

A nonmember spouse is already a part of the household once the marriage is recorded on the member's record. The Directory and LDS Tools get the nonmember spouse information from the membership record of the member spouse in the CMIS database at headquarters.

While it can do that, it can also be suppressed by CHQ. When this feature first rolled out, there were complaints that it seemed to be random. Perhaps it's become more consistent.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”