mother of lost sheep's current name

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
1historian

mother of lost sheep's current name

Post by 1historian »

One problem I have found as we have used LCR to search for lost sheep is that when we switch to the family tab and look at their parents, we will often get a unit number for the missing member's mother. When we contact the parent's ward we have regularly been told that no one by that name lives in the ward. My guess is that the mother has changed her name/remarried and so is listed on the records as well as known by a different name. Is there anyway to get the current preferred name of the parent?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: mother of lost sheep's current name

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure, but I'd think the name you see is the maiden name, not the current name.

Anyway, unless the process has changed, CHQ takes care of contacting family that lives outside the ward. I'd focus on the resources/family that are inside the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”