Membership Audit Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JRP1975

Membership Audit Report

Post by JRP1975 »

We were having computer problems and eventually the computer was replaced. On the membership audit it generated a lot of problems. For example one problem was membership ELders quorum that some of those elders missing High Priest ordinance info. These elders are still in the Elders quorum and have not had the ordinances to High Priest group. How did this information change in MlS? I'm confused, thanks for any intuitive info to fix this problem.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Membership Audit Report

Post by aebrown »

Russ1957 wrote:We were having computer problems and eventually the computer was replaced. On the membership audit it generated a lot of problems. For example one problem was membership ELders quorum that some of those elders missing High Priest ordinance info. These elders are still in the Elders quorum and have not had the ordinances to High Priest group. How did this information change in MlS? I'm confused, thanks for any intuitive info to fix this problem.
The membership audit for the most part simply shows you lists of people to review in case ordinances might not have been recorded. For instance, it's possible that an ordination to the office of High Priest might not have been recorded. In order for you to review that, a list of all the elders in the ward is presented to you during the membership audit. You are to review each name and make sure that they are still elders. Going through that process helps you determine if any of them are now high priests, but the ordination was not recorded. There's nothing at all wrong if all of them are still elders; in fact, that means that all HP ordinations have been recorded.

So don't be concerned -- it sounds to me like the system is working properly and there is nothing to fix.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The wording of the screens is a little confusing.

On the High Priests screen it will show you a list of everyone who is an Elder according to Church records. You put a check mark next to anything that is wrong.

The same for the Elders screen – it will show you a list of everyone who is old enough to be an Elder but without the Melchizedek Priesthood, and you put a check mark next to any records that are incorrect. Etc.

The purpose of these screens is to make sure every ordinance and ordination that has taken place has been recorded in the Church records.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JRP1975

Post by JRP1975 »

Thank you, this sounds like the issue I was referring to, I know the last membership audit from the previous year didn't have all of the problems that needed addressing as this report. Again thanks for helping me with a solution to this. Russ

Return to “Membership Help”