Application to First Presidency: Restoration of Blessings

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
scdittri

Application to First Presidency: Restoration of Blessings

Post by scdittri »

I have an individual that I would like to have fill out his portion of the application on line. I have sent him the invitation and when he tries to follow the link and login it gives him a Access Denied Error and will not let him continue.

Any thoughts?

Bishop Dittrich
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Application to First Presidency: Restoration of Blessing

Post by jdlessley »

scdittri wrote:Any thoughts?
My understanding is only bishops/branch presidents at the ward/branch level have access to viewing and filling out the application. Not even the clerk has that access. So unless you sign in and sit there with the individual while they complete a portion of the application there is no way for the individual to get access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scdittri

Post by scdittri »

Thanks for the reply. LDS.org is actually asking us if we want the applicant to complete the form online.

From LDS.org - "It is strongly encouraged to have the applicant complete his portion of the application using this online system. Verify that the applicant’s email address is correct and private."

I then enter his email address and he receives an email that states the following:

Brother XXXXX,
An Application to the First Presidency for Restoration of Blessings has been initiated on your behalf by Bishop Shane Christopher Dittrich. To complete your portion online, click the following link: https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/xx/xxx/member.
Sign in to the LDS.org website by entering your LDS Account user name and password. If you do not have an LDS Account, you may create one by clicking the following link: https://apps.lds.org/sign-in/go/login.jsf.
After you have completed your portion of the application, click the Send to Bishop button. If you experience any problems in using this system, please report them to your bishop.
Thank you.

But when he tries he gets "Access Denied"

Thanks for your help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only thing I can think of is that the MRN in the application doesn't match the MRN on his account. Since we're talking about "restoration" and not "rebaptism", that should work. Make sure he has a MRN on his account (I'm guessing he recently got re-baptized, so he may not have added it.) Also, he has to use his own account and not that of a family member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Soha27

Re: Application to First Presidency: Restoration of Blessings

Post by Soha27 »

I can't get to the actual application??
caillines

Post by caillines »

Are you a Bishop trying to find the form, or an individual looking to go through the process. If it's the latter, you'll need to talk to your Bishop to start the process.
Soha27

Post by Soha27 »

My Bishop told me to go on here and do the application. We already had a meeting.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Soha27 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:15 pm My Bishop told me to go on here and do the application. We already had a meeting.
I'd double check with him as to where you're supposed to go. It's certainly not "here" meaning the Tech Forum. It must be some other area on ChurchOfJesusChrist.org.

I can see how someone might end up here after doing a search, but it's not the right place. This is all user-to-user to user support. Unless someone here as dealt with that, I don't know as we can give you an answer.

Good luck!
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Soha27 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:15 pm My Bishop told me to go on here and do the application. We already had a meeting.
"Here" is probably LCR.

Click on the nine-dot menu at the top right of the page just to the left of your picture.
Select Leader and Clerk Resources.

You should find something there if the bishop has started the application process.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

If you cannot find the correct location, another option is to ask to meet with the Bishop again, and together walk through the steps he is asking you to do. It may be that he has additional information he can access that will help you, and until he sees what you are seeing, he might not realize what else you need.

Also -- after you are successful, could you return to the Forum and list the required steps you (and/or the Bishop) needed to perform? That would be quite helpful info for any others who find this Forum, looking for answers for the same issue.

Return to “Membership Help”