Application to First Presidency: Restoration of Blessings

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
scdittri

Application to First Presidency: Restoration of Blessings

Postby scdittri » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:14 am

I have an individual that I would like to have fill out his portion of the application on line. I have sent him the invitation and when he tries to follow the link and login it gives him a Access Denied Error and will not let him continue.

Any thoughts?

Bishop Dittrich

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Application to First Presidency: Restoration of Blessing

Postby jdlessley » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:29 pm

scdittri wrote:Any thoughts?

My understanding is only bishops/branch presidents at the ward/branch level have access to viewing and filling out the application. Not even the clerk has that access. So unless you sign in and sit there with the individual while they complete a portion of the application there is no way for the individual to get access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

scdittri

Postby scdittri » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. LDS.org is actually asking us if we want the applicant to complete the form online.

From LDS.org - "It is strongly encouraged to have the applicant complete his portion of the application using this online system. Verify that the applicant’s email address is correct and private."

I then enter his email address and he receives an email that states the following:

Brother XXXXX,
An Application to the First Presidency for Restoration of Blessings has been initiated on your behalf by Bishop Shane Christopher Dittrich. To complete your portion online, click the following link: https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/xx/xxx/member.
Sign in to the LDS.org website by entering your LDS Account user name and password. If you do not have an LDS Account, you may create one by clicking the following link: https://apps.lds.org/sign-in/go/login.jsf.
After you have completed your portion of the application, click the Send to Bishop button. If you experience any problems in using this system, please report them to your bishop.
Thank you.

But when he tries he gets "Access Denied"

Thanks for your help

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:32 pm

The only thing I can think of is that the MRN in the application doesn't match the MRN on his account. Since we're talking about "restoration" and not "rebaptism", that should work. Make sure he has a MRN on his account (I'm guessing he recently got re-baptized, so he may not have added it.) Also, he has to use his own account and not that of a family member.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”