Rebaptism

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Tana1974

Rebaptism

Postby Tana1974 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm

A sister who requested her name be removed from the church records some 15 years ago has decided to be re-baptised. There was no disciplinary action involved. Any special paperwork?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Rebaptism

Postby aebrown » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Tana1974 wrote:A sister who requested her name be removed from the church records some 15 years ago has decided to be re-baptised. There was no disciplinary action involved. Any special paperwork?

Yes. There is special paperwork for this case. I don't have access to it anymore, but I know there's a form to be filled out to explain the situation. After all, the fact that there was no disciplinary action involved doesn't meant that there were no issues that might have required disciplinary action had the person not simply decided to have her name removed from the Church records. You can ask your stake clerk for assistance.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Rebaptism

Postby russellhltn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:50 pm

I'd check Handbook 1: 6.14.4. Even for a voluntary name removal, I'd think there would still be a Report of Administrative Action that the bishop or SP needs to request.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”