Membership Audit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
vetgmc

Membership Audit

Post by vetgmc »

Can the membership audit be done from the Stake MLS or does the stake clerk need to attend each ward to carry out the audit? THis is not clear from the audit instructions.

It seems difficult for the stake clerk or other assigned person to review the records as required in the audit and know whether the records are accurate. How is this supposed to work?

Is the membership audit available on L&CR on lds.org?
drepouille

Re: Membership Audit

Post by drepouille »

I agree that the Membership Audit article in the Help Center is vague and a bit confusing:
Each year the stake clerk or an assistant stake clerk conducts an audit of membership records in each ward.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/member ... cord-audit

To be clear, the membership audit must be performed on the ward/branch MLS. Since it is unlikely that the stake clerk has an out-of-unit administrator account on every MLS in his stake, this means that either the ward clerk or the assistant ward clerk for membership must actually perform the audit, with the stake clerk or his assistant looking over his shoulder and advising.

I remind the ward clerks in my stake to step through the membership audit in their MLS several times during the year, as it can help them identify and correct errors as they pop up.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

A similar question is also asked and discussed in this post.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I did mine with ward conference, it worked well.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

Has there been any discussion toward a more thorough audit? I wind up giving each unit a list of things to work on when I come for the audit. The big thing is addresses that are no longer valid, or are incomplete, or aren't real. There are a few other things I wish I could flag as exceptions.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jwtaber wrote:Has there been any discussion toward a more thorough audit?
What is discussed by the department (most likely Priesthood Department) that sponsors these features in MLS and LCR is not something we are privy to. You could submit feedback through MLS messaging to Membership and/or submit feedback through the LCR main page feedback link. But there is not likely going to be return feedback to your suggestions since they do not have the time to respond to the thousands of individual feedback submissions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”