Split/Duel Memberships for missionary couples??

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
longc

Split/Duel Memberships for missionary couples??

Post by longc »

I am the ward clerk and have a question concerning missionary couples.

I have a couple serving a mission in Mongolia. The husband has been called as a districk councilman and would like to have his LDS Tools reflect the mongolia district.

Is there a way to show his records there so the Tools app will work??

Thanks!!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Split/Duel Memberships for missionary couples??

Post by jonesrk »

Once they record him in his calling he should have access to both sets of data. It takes about a day for those rights to propagate.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When members are called to serve in units other than the one in which their records reside, an out of unit record should be created in the unit the member is serving. This allows the member to appear on the unit rolls for callings within that unit. For brethren serving in a leadership position the out of unit record must include ordinance information to be on the membership list available for the leadership position.

For the out of unit member to use the tools available on LDS.org and the mobile tools for the unit in which they are serving, the member must have a standard calling. Some LDS.org tools have not been updated to support two units, the home unit and the service unit. When this is the case, such as for the Newsletter, only the service unit will be available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to add, there's nothing the home ward can do. It's up to the mission and/or the unit that's being served to make the changes to make that work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

At this point, I would have them wait for LCR to roll out before trying to have the district record the calling. It's a lot easier to handle in LCR 3.0 and it's close enough that I would just wait.

Return to “Membership Help”