Transferring missionary records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
nikrivers

Transferring missionary records

Post by nikrivers »

Hello I am a clerk in the draper meadows stake. We had a family move into the ward that has a missionary out in the field. Their missionaries missionary fund is not one that is available on my MLS to add funds to, how do I request to have his missionary account made available on our wards MLS so that I can be able to add funds to his missionary account?
eblood66

Re: Transferring missionary records

Post by eblood66 »

nikrivers wrote:Hello I am a clerk in the draper meadows stake. We had a family move into the ward that has a missionary out in the field. Their missionaries missionary fund is not one that is available on my MLS to add funds to, how do I request to have his missionary account made available on our wards MLS so that I can be able to add funds to his missionary account?
Financial responsibility for a mission does not automatically transfer with a missionaries membership record. Your bishop should first contact the bishop in his former ward and let them know you are going to transfer responsibility to your ward. The two of them (with help from their clerks) should agree on a date when the transfer will be effective. This can be in the past or in the future. Assuming the family was up to date on their commitment the date should be at the end of the last month the family paid in the prior ward. That way the prior ward will have a zero balance for that missionary.

After that has been agreed on, a clerk in your ward should call Local Unit Support and ask them to transfer financial responsibility to your ward and give them the effective date. They will make the change and also transfer funds between the two wards based on that effective date. Once that's been done you can do a send/receive and an account for the missionary should show up.

Return to “Membership Help”