how to modify member profile-add family members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joelbrooksby

how to modify member profile-add family members

Postby joelbrooksby » Fri May 08, 2015 3:58 pm

hey everyone,I have 4 individual records that need to be in the same family group. They're not in the same household but they are the same family. How do I update the member profile or the records to reflect that?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: how to modify member profile-add family members

Postby russellhltn » Sat May 09, 2015 1:23 am

joelyboyblue wrote:I have 4 individual records that need to be in the same family group. They're not in the same household but they are the same family. How do I update the member profile or the records to reflect that?

You can't. The only grouping supported is "household".

The individual records should reflect any parent/child and spouse relationships between them. But that will not "group" them for any reports I can think of.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Re: how to modify member profile-add family members

Postby sbradshaw » Sat May 09, 2015 3:07 pm

russellhltn wrote:
joelyboyblue wrote:I have 4 individual records that need to be in the same family group. They're not in the same household but they are the same family. How do I update the member profile or the records to reflect that?

You can't. The only grouping supported is "household".

The individual records should reflect any parent/child and spouse relationships between them. But that will not "group" them for any reports I can think of.

In LDS Tools there are three sort options: Individual, Household, and Family. I can't test in my ward, since I'm in a YSA ward and everyone's an individual household/family, but when you sort by Family in LDS Tools are people grouped correctly?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”