changing child of record name

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
warner2274

changing child of record name

Post by warner2274 »

I have a member who's adult child's name is spelled incorrectly on the member's IOS. The child is not a member and doesn't live in our ward boundaries either. The child does have a record number. Is it possible to correct the child's name in MLS?
eblood66

Re: changing child of record name

Post by eblood66 »

warner2274 wrote:I have a member who's adult child's name is spelled incorrectly on the member's IOS. The child is not a member and doesn't live in our ward boundaries either. The child does have a record number. Is it possible to correct the child's name in MLS?
The only way I know of is the remove the child and then re-add them. The record number is probably just an administrative number. But if the child did have a record created before they were 8 years old then they may still have a full record and it may be a real record number. So, just to be safe, I'd probably use the Special Requests feature in MLS and ask support to make the change for you.

Return to “Membership Help”