Adding ordained by for Elder and High Priest

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bchard

Adding ordained by for Elder and High Priest

Post by bchard »

Membership records now show the name of the person who performed ordinations to Elder, Seventy and High Priest. I have a member of my ward whose information is missing for his ordination to High Priest. How do I add the name of his father who ordained him a high priest to his membership record?
eblood66

Re: Adding ordained by for Elder and High Priest

Post by eblood66 »

bchard wrote:Membership records now show the name of the person who performed ordinations to Elder, Seventy and High Priest. I have a member of my ward whose information is missing for his ordination to High Priest. How do I add the name of his father who ordained him a high priest to his membership record?
Find the individual using Membership > Individual Record on the menu and then go to the Ordinances tab. Click on the blue High Priest link (to the left of the Ordination Date). It will bring up a dialog in which you can add the name of the person who performed the ordinance.
dustinjacobalexander

Post by dustinjacobalexander »

I'm working off lds.org in 2018 and do not have the option of updating (adding) the name of the person who ordained a High Priest. The member record contains the date but the name is blank. Any reason why I'm able to edit/change every ordinance BUT Elder/High Priest ordination? Does this have to be done by the Stake?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dustinjacobalexander wrote:Does this have to be done by the Stake?
Yes, Melchizedek priesthood ordinations are now the responsibility of the stake. Only the stake can enter new ordinations or make corrections to existing ordinations.

Return to “Membership Help”