Any way for a clerk to edit an address through lds.org?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aclawson

Any way for a clerk to edit an address through lds.org?

Post by aclawson »

As the subject says. I'm geocoding the addresses for kicks and giggles and notice that some members are mapping many cities away from the ward boundaries. Nothing a quick ZIP code correction can't fix, but can this be done from home or only from the clerk's machine at the meetinghouse?
drepouille

Re: Any way for a clerk to edit an address through lds.org?

Post by drepouille »

I was able to relocate a member's address on maps.lds.org by changing the address to a more standard form. The original address on the membership record confused the mapping software, which plotted the home far outside the ward boundaries.

I clicked the Move link on the address pop-up. The Set Location dialog says: "Drag-and-drop the selected item to the correct location on the map. You can also enter an address below, or navigate the map to the correct location, and then click Start Move."

I have no idea if this changes the address on the membership record or on the Directory.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

To answer the subject line, I'm pretty sure a clerk can change the address on LCR.

But in the past, updating the address on the records of someone already in the ward didn't move their location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:To answer the subject line, I'm pretty sure a clerk can change the address on LCR.
I do this at least once a week. Since I am serving in a YSA branch we get move-ins regularly. I run the Members Moved In report in LCR and then check the addresses for proper formatting and complete 9 digit zip codes and make corrections as necessary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

To clarify, "LCR" is an acronym for a web site called Leader and Clerk Resources, which is available to members according to their calling here:
http://leader.lds.org/

On the Leader and Clerk Resources, a clerk can update contact information, including addresses, for ward members.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”