3rd party record move

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jirp

3rd party record move

Post by jirp »

How should records be moved as a 3rd party in the process. The parents had new addresses for the kids(they are sharing an apartment for now). On one the previous ward had been contacted but wasn't getting their records moved and the other one they had no idea where her records were to request the move.

Since they couldn't solve it I pulled the records into our ward and then pushed them back out to the new address. The son's record came from the ward expected and went to the expected ward. But the daughters record came in with a big long message about how this member had been lost and the record had been in the lost records. That message really should go to the bishop where the record is going not here so I am going to have to have my bishop contact that bishop to pass it.

Is there a better way to handle this type of third party record move? The "kids" are mid 20's and I know them sort of and I know they basically want no contact with the church so they are not going to move their records.
eblood66

Re: 3rd party record move

Post by eblood66 »

I would contact the (new) ward where they are residing, give them the information and let them request the records directly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suppose this is OK when the new address places them in a new ward. But I wouldn't pull in records just to push them back to the same ward. A lot of things get broken.

But even so, the "last ward" information is now incorrect.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When I was Ward Clerk, a member of our Ward notified me of a grown child's address change (who was not currently in our ward). She knew they were less active and their former ward would probably not know of the move until too late to get forwarding information.

I send a message through MLS, giving them the child's name, MRN, new address and an explanation of the reason for the message. They replied that they had moved individual's the record to the new ward.

Return to “Membership Help”