New Member's Child

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JeffWolfington

New Member's Child

Postby JeffWolfington » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:06 pm

I have a new member who has a two year old daughter who was blessed recently. Her daughter is listed as a child under her Member Record. The daughter does not have a MRN. When I click on the daughters name I get a window that contains the daughter's information but it is not editable. I cannot make any changes to the daughters information whatsoever. What can I do to fix this?

eblood66

Re: New Member's Child

Postby eblood66 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:21 pm

JeffWolfington wrote:I have a new member who has a two year old daughter who was blessed recently. Her daughter is listed as a child under her Member Record. The daughter does not have a MRN. When I click on the daughters name I get a window that contains the daughter's information but it is not editable. I cannot make any changes to the daughters information whatsoever. What can I do to fix this?

The information on member's record is just genealogy information. The child doesn't have a record. You'll need to create one. If you haven't already, have the parent fill out and sign a Child Blessing Record (printed using Membership > Ordinances > Forms) and then record the blessing using the Membership > Ordinances > Record Child Blessing menu option. That will create a record for the child and allow you to print the blessing certificate.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Member's Child

Postby russellhltn » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:36 pm

JeffWolfington wrote:Her daughter is listed as a child under her Member Record. The daughter does not have a MRN. When I click on the daughters name I get a window that contains the daughter's information but it is not editable.

As eblood66 says, parent or child information found ON a membership record is just genealogy information. The child may not have a record, it may not be in the ward and they may not even still be alive.

The way to tell if you have a record is to go to "Individual Records" and look for that name in the selection list.

And it should go without saying, that without a membership record in the ward, the name will never appear in the household or any class rolls.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”