family name showing up on LDS Tools, but not on MLS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

family name showing up on LDS Tools, but not on MLS

Post by forresthickman »

we have a new family in our Ward. i requested their records about a month or more ago, and received them right away.

today when i went to enter their names (on MLS) for their new callings, their names didn't come up, so i did a search under Household and Individuals and came up empty... so i looked at my LDS Tools App on my Iphone, and they are listed there.. i did an update / sync on my LDS Tools App thinking maybe their records accidentally got moved out, but it still shows their names, and when i looked (just to be safe) at any move outs on MLS, their names didn't appear there.

how can it not show up on MLS? but does on LDS Tools?

thank you
eblood66

Re: family name showing up on LDS Tools, but not on MLS

Post by eblood66 »

forresthickman wrote:we have a new family in our Ward. i requested their records about a month or more ago, and received them right away.

today when i went to enter their names (on MLS) for their new callings, their names didn't come up, so i did a search under Household and Individuals and came up empty... so i looked at my LDS Tools App on my Iphone, and they are listed there.. i did an update / sync on my LDS Tools App thinking maybe their records accidentally got moved out, but it still shows their names, and when i looked (just to be safe) at any move outs on MLS, their names didn't appear there.

how can it not show up on MLS? but does on LDS Tools?

thank you
First, check on Leader and Clerk Resources (clerk.lds.org) and see if they show up there. If so, then they are in your ward and MLS is just out of sync. If not then they were moved out for some reason and you'll need to look into that.

But most likely MLS is just out of sync. A unit data refresh will usually fix that.

Return to “Membership Help”