72 hour hold

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
1historian

72 hour hold

Post by 1historian »

I sent off a record we have been working on to address unknown this morning after receiving permission from the bishop. It was one we had received from address unknown during the efforts last year when they sent the previous contents of the address unknown back to the wards for them to process. The odd thing with this one was that it came with this message when I finished the process:
Your request has been submitted for processing. However, the request requires additional review from Church headquarters and may take up to 72 hours to process.
does anyone know what they are reviewing for or why they have started this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: 72 hour hold

Post by lajackson »

1historian wrote:. . . the request requires additional review from Church headquarters and may take up to 72 hours to process.
I think they will run a quick check to see if they can locate an actual ward rather than send the record to the address unknown file.
1historian

Post by 1historian »

It's possible I just haven't seen it before and was wondering what the purpose was for. Besides even if that is what they are doing why hold it why not just bring it in and then do what you will with it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did it go to your ward because you were the last ward for that record, or was it moved in based on a source? I'm wondering if they're going to go back to a source to get more information. That's the only thing I can think of. But even so, it's the first time I've heard of it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

1historian wrote:. . . why hold it why not just bring it in and then do what you will with it?
If the member is located before they bring the record into address unknown, the new unit will have the prior unit information.
1historian

Post by 1historian »

So as an update the record is still waiting to move out. I tried continuing the move it still says 100% complete and repeated the 72 hour hold message but the record isn't going anywhere.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”