lds.org Household glitch

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Jester_ag

lds.org Household glitch

Post by Jester_ag »

I made an error when I was trying to join a child to his parents, & instead joined the parents to the child in LDS.org. The odd issue here is the last name of the Adult Male (step father) is now showing up in Local Unit Directory as the Child's last name instead of the other way around.

example:
step father = john Smith
child = jimmy jones

directory shows Jones, John as head of household instead of Smith, John. Is there a way to correct this from LDS.org or only in MLS?

I tried separating all the individuals and creating all as head of household then join them all back together under the "SMITH" last name...
eblood66

Re: lds.org Household glitch

Post by eblood66 »

Jester_ag wrote:I made an error when I was trying to join a child to his parents, & instead joined the parents to the child in LDS.org. The odd issue here is the last name of the Adult Male (step father) is now showing up in Local Unit Directory as the Child's last name instead of the other way around.

example:
step father = john Smith
child = jimmy jones

directory shows Jones, John as head of household instead of Smith, John. Is there a way to correct this from LDS.org or only in MLS?

I tried separating all the individuals and creating all as head of household then join them all back together under the "SMITH" last name...
I was going to suggest that. Did you check the Household Name on each record (at the very top of the screen when looking at the household record) after you split them apart and make sure it's right.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

OK I just went into LCR & changed them to each be their own Head of Household (HoH). I look at each one in LCR and it shows HoH. When I look in Local Unit Directory (LUD) it shows each their own HoH, & only 1 name with Child last name. If I go under "Photo" it shows the Father Last name but in the slot where the Child last name would be.

I tried to add each person into the Fathers account, but the last name defaults to the Child's Last name. I guess I will have to check in MLS or reach out to SLC.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

Figured it out... Have to go into MLS and change the Child "HouseHold Name" to be that of the Parent and then send/receive.

the best way is to not make this glitch in the 1st place :)

Return to “Membership Help”