Member not showing up in LDS Tools

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
adamtanderson

Member not showing up in LDS Tools

Postby adamtanderson » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:42 am

I have a member who is assistant secretary in the Elders Quorum. He shows up in MLS. He shows up in LDS tools under callings and Elders Quorum, but is missing from LDS tools under Directory.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member not showing up in LDS Tools

Postby russellhltn » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 am

He or his family has set his privacy options to "Leadership Only". That makes him invisible to everyone except the Bishopric, Clerks, and Executive secretary, and the same positions in the Stake Presidency.

It's possible that he's set to "Ward only" as some apps treat "Ward" the same as "Leadership Only".

But the bottom line, it's his privacy setting in the Directory is where you need to look.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

adamtanderson

Postby adamtanderson » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Is this something he has done in LDS tools. Can I change this for him or dose he need to change this himself?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 pm

adamtanderson wrote:Is this something he has done in LDS tools. Can I change this for him or dose he need to change this himself?

It can be set in LDS Tools or in the Directory on lds.org.

The member can change it. Or with the member's permission, a clerk can change it.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”