Moving records from home

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

Moving records from home

Postby forresthickman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi Everyone;

as the Membership Clerk, i know i can request and move out records from my house on my home computer, but i don't know if i will get a print out of them at the church when i do a send / receive.

my Bishop likes me to keep paper copies of all move in's / move out's, so before i start doing them at home, i need to know if they will appear at the church computer to print.

thanks for any help

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Moving records from home

Postby aebrown » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:22 pm

forresthickman wrote:as the Membership Clerk, i know i can request and move out records from my house on my home computer, but i don't know if i will get a print out of them at the church when i do a send / receive.

my Bishop likes me to keep paper copies of all move in's / move out's, so before i start doing them at home, i need to know if they will appear at the church computer to print.

Yes, the next time you do a Send/Receive on the clerk computer, you'll receive a notification of moves. It doesn't matter if the move was initiated by another ward or by CHQ or by you; MLS will still note that a record was moved in or out and give you the usual notification.

forresthickman

Postby forresthickman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 am

Thank you :-)

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 pm

There is also a "Members Moved In" report and a "Members Moved Out" report on Leader and Clerk Resources. These may be helpful to you and/or your bishop.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”