P.O. Box only

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

P.O. Box only

Post by forresthickman »

No one in our Ward knows the location or anything concerning some individuals who have only a P.O. Box for an address. i sent a forwarding address request etc without any success.

at what point do i send the names to SLC?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: P.O. Box only

Post by russellhltn »

forresthickman wrote:at what point do i send the names to SLC?
The principle is which unit is in the best position to serve them. So what if you can't visit them? What other unit would be in a better position to reach out to them? I'd send them a ward newsletter and other such things from time to time and see if they'll respond or show up one day.

Until something happens that leads you to believe that the member isn't at that PO Box, I think you should keep them.

You might also consider the tips for Locating members found in the wiki. If you can show they are living in someone else's boundaries, then you can ship them off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
forresthickman

Post by forresthickman »

Thats just it, there is no physical address, no one knows them, or anyone who would. my forwarding letter comes back undelivered because the P.O. Box no longer exists.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

forresthickman wrote:... P.O. Box no longer exists.
If you have gone through the steps found in MLS and at the RKATS page, Move Records Out, then the record can be sent to "address unknown" at Church headquarters.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forresthickman wrote:the P.O. Box no longer exists.
OK, that's a different story. It's not a valid address. Follow the link given in the prior post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
forresthickman

Post by forresthickman »

Thanks everyone :-)

Return to “Membership Help”