Father is sealed to a previous wife.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mjburgoyne1

Father is sealed to a previous wife.

Post by mjburgoyne1 »

The handbook states: {quote removed}

Does this apply when the husband is sealed to former wife and remarries but is not sealed to the second wife?

I have a situation where the father is still sealed to a previous wife, but not to his current wife. The current wife is endowed, but not sealed to her husband who is the father of the two children.

This is the wife's only marriage.

Are their children BIC?
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove quote of Handbook 1
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Father is sealed to a previous wife.

Post by russellhltn »

To comply with the Code of Conduct, your message has been edited to remove the quote from Handbook 1. Please remember this is a publically visible forum.

I think the first sentence of Handbook 1: 3.6.2 would answer your question. It would appear to me that if the wife is not sealed to her husband, then the children born to her are not BIC.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”