re-Married after Divorce

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Jester_ag

Re: re-Married after Divorce

Post by Jester_ag »

So I have a test MLS that I use to search for items before I make changes in the Ward MLS, what I am seeing is this:

1. I grabbed an account and did a Terminate Marriage
2. Closed out & went back in, tried to add the re-marriage
3. I get the same error "The Sealing Date you enter cannot be earlier than the marriage date."

I cannot send/receive because its a test account but that shouldn't really matter.
eblood66

Re: re-Married after Divorce

Post by eblood66 »

Jester_ag wrote:So I have a test MLS that I use to search for items before I make changes in the Ward MLS, what I am seeing is this:

1. I grabbed an account and did a Terminate Marriage
2. Closed out & went back in, tried to add the re-marriage
3. I get the same error "The Sealing Date you enter cannot be earlier than the marriage date."

I cannot send/receive because its a test account but that shouldn't really matter.
Did you try to re-enter the sealing date? I did basically the same and it didn't give that error.

Did you re-enter the marriage by using the Membership > Ordinances > Record Civil Marriage menu option or by just re-editing the marriage on the Current Spouse tab? I used Record Civil Marriage.

Return to “Membership Help”