Adding non-member family members to lds.org directory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
xgreaves

Adding non-member family members to lds.org directory

Post by xgreaves »

A gentleman was recently baptized and he and his non-member wife are listed on the ward directory on lds.org. Unfortunately his wife is shown with an incorrect last name, and they wanted that fixed. I don't see a way to do that on lds.org or on MLS. To further complicate things, they have guardianship of his young grandson (also a non-member) and would like him added to the ward directory as well.

So how do I change his non-member wife's last name in the lds.org directory, and add his non-member grandson as well?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Cheers.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adding non-member family members to lds.org directory

Post by aebrown »

xgreaves wrote:So how do I change his non-member wife's last name in the lds.org directory, and add his non-member grandson as well?
To take your second question first, there's no way to add a nonmember child or grandchild to the Directory on LDS.org. In MLS you can add nonmember records, but they affect only MLS -- they will not be listed on the Directory on LDS.org.

The nonmember spouse of a member will show up on the Directory on LDS.org (unless you take special steps to prevent that). The information for that spouse comes from the spouse information on the member's record. To change that, edit the Individual Record in MLS for the member, and go to the Current Spouse tab. There you can edit the information for the spouse. Then make sure you save it and do a Send/Receive. I don't know how long the processing delay is for such changes, but it shouldn't take very long to show up on the LDS.org Directory.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding non-member family members to lds.org directory

Post by russellhltn »

xgreaves wrote:To further complicate things, they have guardianship of his young grandson (also a non-member) and would like him added to the ward directory as well.
If the child is under the age of 8, Handbook 1: 13.6.2, item #4 applies. Note that it indicates permission of both parents, not just the guardians.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”