Child of record that never gets baptized

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rytoman

Re: Child of record that never gets baptized

Post by rytoman »

Apologies for re-opening this thread, 2 years later. Do any of you know if there's a way to cancel a record using the leader and clerk resources site on lds.org? I'm the ward clerk for my ward and need to remove the record of a member or record that is over 18 and has not been baptized (the bishop followed the instructions in Handbook 1 and was given approval from the stake president). I am, however, unsure how to technically remove the record. The "Name Removal" page on lds.org appears to be for cases where the member has requested to have his/her record removed. In this case, the member hasn't submitted any request, so I'm unable to fill out that part of the form (and consequently unable to submit the form). Is this something that can only be done on MLS?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, I think this is still in MLS only.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Jeraymond

Post by Jeraymond »

How to remove a person over 18 that is unbaptized?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Jeraymond wrote:How to remove a person over 18 that is unbaptized?
First read Handbook 1 section 13.6.2. Assuming the requirements of that section have been satisfied, find the record in LCR, then click on the Actions button next to the picture and select Cancel Record.

It may still be possible to cancel records in MLS but it probably won't be for much longer.

Return to “Membership Help”