I'm trying to correct the spelling of a child; part member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JasonEChristensen

I'm trying to correct the spelling of a child; part member

Post by JasonEChristensen »

I've been trying to change the spelling of a child's name; only option given is to Add or delete. I've deleted the child and added him again with correct spelling, submitted change, but the following week the incorrect spelling reappeared. Steps I've followed is to bring up the Father, head of household, and then go to his children. When I bring up the child needing change, it is greyed out.
Thanks,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: I'm trying to correct the spelling of a child; part memb

Post by russellhltn »

If the child is a member (or member of record), you can't fix the spelling by accessing the parent's record. You have the change the child's individual record. If it's not in your ward, then you can't do it. Only the ward that has the record can do it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”