Readmission of Excommunicated Persons by Baptism

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bradleyedwards

Readmission of Excommunicated Persons by Baptism

Postby bradleyedwards » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:50 pm

We have a person who is being re-baptized after being excommunicated. There is no Priesthood or temple endowments involved.

I am wondering what exactly needs to be done from a records stand-point.

The Handbook says:

6.12.12 Readmission of Excommunicated Persons by Baptism and Confirmation

[Quote removed]

I have a couple of questions.

First question: When I complete the "Report of Church Disciplinary Action" form for a person being baptized after excommunication, I will record the details of the baptism and confirmation. Does that officially record the baptism or do we need to complete a Baptism and Confirmation Record like the hand book says.

A second question: I started a "Report of Church Disciplinary Action" form (using LDS.ORG) and saved it before submitting it (because the baptism hasn't happened yet). How do I get back to that draft?

A minor complaint: There is a real lack of detail of how to do this stuff in the handbook or online.
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote of Handbook 1

bradleyedwards

Re: Readmission of Excommunicated Persons by Baptism

Postby bradleyedwards » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:51 pm

I found the answer to my second question, but still need an answer to the first.

GrasseDD

Postby GrasseDD » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah--my clerk can't figure out what to do with the Baptism Record. I was hoping this topic would provide some help!
D.G.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:22 pm

bradleyedwards wrote:First question: When I complete the "Report of Church Disciplinary Action" form for a person being baptized after excommunication, I will record the details of the baptism and confirmation. Does that officially record the baptism or do we need to complete a Baptism and Confirmation Record like the hand book says.

There's a special Baptism and Confirmation Record for Readmission, available in MLS in the Confidential Reports and Forms section. That's the form that needs to be submitted to record the baptism. Although the Report of Church Disciplinary Action form does ask for some of that same information, it certainly isn't a way to report everything that is on the BCRR, so you do need to submit that as well. MLS specifically notes in the documentation for the BCRR that it is to be submitted with the RCDA in certain cases.

GrasseDD

Postby GrasseDD » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Ah--MLS.
We were using the paper form book.
Thanks,
D.G.

Return to “Membership Help”