Trying to find a member record with only a name and dob

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jonasarmstrong

Trying to find a member record with only a name and dob

Postby jonasarmstrong » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:27 am

Does anyone have any advice. Our missionaries found a man that was baptized as a child and has been inactive since then. The only information the missionaries collected was his name and dob. I cannot find his records in the clerk resources online because it says I do not have his record number. Does anyone have any advice trying to find this record? Thanks in advance for your response. Jonas

Biggles

Re: Trying to find a member record with only a name and dob

Postby Biggles » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 pm

If you have his full name and DOB as you indicated, it isn't necessary to have his MRN. Additional information can be added to the request, by selecting the 'More Search Options' located under the MRN box. Hope this helps.

gregwanderson

Postby gregwanderson » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Usually, when we request a record to be moved into our ward, all we need are the name and date of birth.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Of course, this wouldn't work if the person's name was something like "John Smith" or "José García"

Biggles

Postby Biggles » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:37 pm

sbradshaw wrote:Of course, this wouldn't work if the person's name was something like "John Smith" or "José García"

Which is why I mentioned in my earlier post using the 'More Search Options,' which allows additional criteria to be added. Not an ideal solution, but certainly better than nothing!

Return to “Membership Help”