New ward of member that has moved out

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
johnfbiv

New ward of member that has moved out

Post by johnfbiv »

A clerk requested a record of a family in my ward. He only moved the parents and not the children. How do I find out which ward they moved to so I can send their children to them? It seems the move out report only gives birthday, MRN and name. I could request the parents records and then attach the children to them. Is that ok? Although it wouldn't give me the previous address to send them back to. Any ideas?
Biggles

Re: New ward of member that has moved out

Post by Biggles »

When the record was moved, normally a report is produced that shows the ward the record has moved to. This report give you the opportunity to print it then and there. If this wasn't printed, I think that is the only time you get that direct information locally.

The only option left, I think, would be to contact GSC and explain the situation. as you will have the MRN's of the children they would be able track the parents.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnfbiv wrote:A clerk requested a record of a family in my ward. He only moved the parents and not the children.
A trick I used to use a long time ago when I was a clerk was to write the instruction "re-group with parents". You can trying doing that with a Special Request on the child's records in MLS. Not only will that send it to the proper ward, but it should put them in the household as well - something a simple move-out won't do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

You could request the parents records to come back to you. When those records come back, it will show the ward they came from. Then you can send the whole family together back to that ward.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bballrob wrote:You could request the parents records to come back to you. When those records come back, it will show the ward they came from. Then you can send the whole family together back to that ward.
That's rarely a good option. Pulling the records out of that ward disconnects them from any home or visiting teaching assignments, callings, etc. It's much kinder to send the children's records, via the options mentioned earlier: either by contacting the GSC or doing the special request.

Return to “Membership Help”