Release Move Restriction

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dbreinholt

Release Move Restriction

Post by dbreinholt »

My bishop had me put a Move Restriction on a record. Things were worked out and request the restriction to be removed. I have been unable to remove the restriction. Even used move record out option. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Release Move Restriction

Post by russellhltn »

I'd use the same procedure that was used to set it - send a Special Request to ask that it be removed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Release Move Restriction

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'd use the same procedure that was used to set it - send a Special Request to ask that it be removed.
That used to be necessary but now it can be done online in Clerk Resources. They recently changed the interface and I'm going from memory but I believe there will be a red icon by the name (on the information screen for the member) if there is a move restriction. I think that clicking on the icon will provide the option to remove the restriction. But if that doesn't do it then look around that screen. The option to remove the restriction should be there. I don't have access anymore so I can check where it is for certain.

Return to “Membership Help”