foster children who are in the "system"

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
New Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:25 pm

foster children who are in the "system"

Postby 1historian » Tue May 06, 2014 9:49 pm

We have a record of a child who is in foster care she's 15 and baptized. Our ward received the record when she was living with her Aunt. She has since moved on within the system and is no longer in our ward or living with her Aunt. Her Aunt doesn't know where she is. My question is what do we do with the young lady's record?

Community Administrator
Posts: 24413
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: foster children who are in the "system"

Postby russellhltn » Tue May 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Unless the foster care system is willing to cooperate and give you the needed information, I'd treat her like anyone else who moved and didn't leave a forwarding address. A letter dated October 1, 2013 lists the steps that needs to be taken before moving the person to "Address Unknown".

An alternative is to contact foster care and notify them that she is a member and request that they put her in contact with the church in the area she is in. They can use to determine what unit that would be. That way they don't have to divulge information which might go against their rules.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "" to the search criteria.

Return to “Membership Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests