How to update a record once moved?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dkeller

How to update a record once moved?

Post by dkeller »

We have a record that was moved to address unknown. The member definitely moved and all the proper steps were followed, so it was moved out of the ward. After that happened, the member then finally returned a Facebook email with a new address. How can we forward along that new address to a record that is no longer in our ward?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to update a record once moved?

Post by russellhltn »

There might be a better way to do it, but I think I'd be tempted to request the record and then move it out using the new information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:There might be a better way to do it, but I think I'd be tempted to request the record and then move it out using the new information.
I'd just send a message to local unit support from MLS and give them as many details as you have.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:I'd just send a message to local unit support from MLS and give them as many details as you have.
That is the best way. Hopefully you will have a move out report with the membership number, but at the very least include the full name and date of birth, and they will be able to find the record, especially since the message will be coming from your ward.
evansaduboateng

Post by evansaduboateng »

THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DO BY SEND A MESSAGE TO MLS

Return to “Membership Help”