Returned Missionary records...

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dbyram

Returned Missionary records...

Post by dbyram »

A sister in our ward asked me if I could supply her a list of the names and dates of returned missionaries going back to 2007. We have a wooden plaque that have the names of returned missionaries throughout the years but has not been kept up to date by anyone in the ward. As a new membership clerk I wasn't sure how to answer her because I don't think this info is in MLS. I thought I might try the LDSTech forum to find out if there is a solution. I thought about going to the Stake Clerk or maybe the Mission president's office. Any help and direction would be most helpful. Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Returned Missionary records...

Post by aebrown »

MLS can tell you the mission language and country for current members of your ward, but that's not really what you are looking for.

I'd recommend that you contact the stake clerk. As a stake clerk, I know that we keep records of all the missionaries who have served from our stake. Every stake has to keep track of missionaries as they depart and return, since the stake president is involved in setting apart and releasing them. We keep an archive of those records for historical purposes; perhaps your stake clerk does as well.
eblood66

Re: Returned Missionary records...

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:MLS can tell you the mission language and country for current members of your ward, but that's not really what you are looking for.

I'd recommend that you contact the stake clerk. As a stake clerk, I know that we keep records of all the missionaries who have served from our stake. Every stake has to keep track of missionaries as they depart and return, since the stake president is involved in setting apart and releasing them. We keep an archive of those records for historical purposes; perhaps your stake clerk does as well.
There is also some information about returned missionaries in the Missionary Online Recommendation System. But I think it only has information for missionaries since that system started to be used. Based on the information for our ward that looks like it was sometime in 2011.

Return to “Membership Help”