Informaiton in MLS, Clerk Resources Does Not Match

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
zaneclark

Informaiton in MLS, Clerk Resources Does Not Match

Post by zaneclark »

In Clerk Resources, I have a member with duplicate entries, each with a different member number, while my local MLS has only one entry for the member. The difference in the duplicate entries is that one has no middle name and is one month off on the birth date. I thought the Clerk Resources member information was pulled from the local MLS, so I'm not sure how this happened. I know that you can do a restore from CDOL, but I don't know if that would work in this case, since it is a youth who doesn't hold a leadership position. Any suggestions?
eblood66

Re: Informaiton in MLS, Clerk Resources Does Not Match

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:In Clerk Resources, I have a member with duplicate entries, each with a different member number, while my local MLS has only one entry for the member. The difference in the duplicate entries is that one has no middle name and is one month off on the birth date. I thought the Clerk Resources member information was pulled from the local MLS, so I'm not sure how this happened. I know that you can do a restore from CDOL, but I don't know if that would work in this case, since it is a youth who doesn't hold a leadership position. Any suggestions?
Clerk Resource information comes directly from the main membership database at CHQ, not from your local MLS. They should generally be in sync but it is possible for them to be out of sync. Most frequently this is a temporary situation that is corrected when you do a send/receive in MLS.

But if a simple send/receive doesn't put them in sync you can do a Unit Refresh which will replace your local MLS information with the information from the main membership database. The unit refresh replaces both calling information from CDOL and membership information from the membership database so it will even affect youth without callings.

Return to “Membership Help”