Clerk requesting patriarchal blessing on behalf of member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eric.ao.yuli

Clerk requesting patriarchal blessing on behalf of member

Post by eric.ao.yuli »

On the patriarchal blessing wiki page (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Patriarchal_blessing), it states:
Clerks may be asked by a member to help them obtain a copy of a patriarchal blessing. This can be done by following the instructions given on lds.org for Patriarchal Blessing Requests.
However, the link it provides redirects to a page allowing you to request your own blessing or an direct-line ancestor's blessing. I couldn't find anywhere where I as a clerk can request a patriarchal blessing in behalf of a member.

Is there a way for me to request another member's blessing? Or do I need to have the member do it themselves?

(It would probably be faster to help the member set up an lds.org account do it themselves, but since the wiki page says it's possible for the clerk to request it, I thought I'd ask.) Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Clerk requesting patriarchal blessing on behalf of membe

Post by jdlessley »

I think your interpretation of what you quoted from the Patriarchal blessing wiki page assumed that a clerk can request a patriarchal blessing on behalf of a member when the quote said the clerk may be requested to HELP a member. A clerk cannot request on behalf of a member that member's patriarchal blessing using the lds.org page. The help referred to on the wiki page is in the form of providing some needed information, if available, that is requested on the patriarcal blessing request page.

The member will need to have an LDS Account to log onto the lds.org page to submit a request.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eric.ao.yuli

Re: Clerk requesting patriarchal blessing on behalf of membe

Post by eric.ao.yuli »

Thanks for the reply. Looking over it again, you're right and I did interpret it wrong. I'll help the member set up a lds.org account.

Return to “Membership Help”