Getting name in MLS and LDS.org to match

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
critterdoc2

Re: Getting name in MLS and LDS.org to match

Post by critterdoc2 »

Yes
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

How is the wife's name spelled on the husband's Membership Record or IOS report within MLS?
critterdoc2

Post by critterdoc2 »

it has an extra e in it
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Sounds like you made changes to MLS in the marriage record, but that never updated the master membership record. For this change to take effect everywhere, it must 1) upload to headquarters -- thus correcting lds.org and LDS Tools; 2) download again to MLS -- thus correcting the IOS and Membership Record reports. (I assume you have performed a send/receive operation and waited a decent interval before performing another send/receive.)

I am stumped. This sounds like a problem for Local Unit Support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RossEvans wrote:2) download again to MLS -- thus correcting the IOS and Membership Record reports.
I'm not sure as it has to "come back down".

Question: When you make the edit and do a S/R, does it result in one of the membership change reports? I'm wondering if the change isn't triggering a sync. If that's the case, it sounds like a job for the Special Request function.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
critterdoc2

Post by critterdoc2 »

it has not triggered a change report (to my knowledge, some of the people who use our MLS don't always print those things out. i have never needed to resort to LUS. how does one do that.

arm
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Local Unit Support (LUS) can be contacted at:
Live Support (Hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time))
Salt Lake area: 801-240-3500
Long Distance: 1-800-453-3860, extension 23500
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Local Unit Support (LUS) can be contacted at:
Live Support (Hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time))
Salt Lake area: 801-240-3500
Long Distance: 1-800-453-3860, extension 23500
The hours in that wiki article are quite out of date. The current hours (which are much longer than those incorrect hours above) can be found on RKATS here (authorized sign in required).

Return to “Membership Help”