Convert Data Entry (CDE) fails to import correctly

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
trohlfing

Re: Convert Data Entry (CDE) fails to import correctly

Post by trohlfing »

I want to try one more round on this topic. On the CDE program main screen, the center panel is called "Convert Data Entry." One of the items under that section is called "Export Baptisms to a File." If you hover your mouse over that item, the following help message is displayed:

"Save baptism files to a disk so they may be transferred to a computer that can transmit them to the administration office."

That is PRECISELY what I want to do, so that gives me hope that it can be done, but maybe I am missing a step somewhere. Sorry to be overly persistent about this, but this help message makes it seem like the capability to export from computer A, import to computer B, and then submit from computer B must be designed into the program.

Thanks a lot!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

trohlfing wrote:"Save baptism files to a disk so they may be transferred to a computer that can transmit them to the administration office."

That is PRECISELY what I want to do,
Being the feisty guy that I am, I would contact your mission help desk (probably the Global Service Center) and tell them exactly what you just said. If they do not have a solution, I would ask them to elevate the issue to the developers for resolution, and if they say it cannot be done, I would ask them to change the text of the help message.

One can always hope.

(Most here at the Forum are not experienced with the Mission software (CDE) but only with the Administrative/Clerk (MLS) software, which does not allow this sort of thing.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It wouldn't surprise me but it was a function which was depreciated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
paulbryner13

Post by paulbryner13 »

Had the same question for my mission office, this was helpful
lorijeanscott

Post by lorijeanscott »

Philippines Olongapo Mission - is having issues with CDE. Past data is blank. Having trouble entering new data. I'm new to the system and 5K miles away - doing a Zoom share in an hour. Any suggestions?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

lorijeanscott wrote:Philippines Olongapo Mission - is having issues with CDE. Past data is blank. Having trouble entering new data. I'm new to the system and 5K miles away - doing a Zoom share in an hour. Any suggestions?
Please remember this is a user-to-user discussion forum, and there's no guarantee anyone with specific knowledge will ever see this thread. There should be official help/support request channels the mission office could use--but I don't know what they are.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The mission should contact the Global Services Department.
Tdpark36

Post by Tdpark36 »

Is it possible to switch which computer you are sending the data from? So, still just have one computer sending data, just switch it to a different computer within the office.

Thanks!

Return to “Membership Help”