Addendum to Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Miknmaur

Post by Miknmaur »

It would be nice to be able to select "contact Prior Bishop" in a record so that if it does get pulled the new Bishop would be informed. I believe the only time that a record can show contact prior Bishop is if I am moving the record, not if it is pulled by another unit.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Miknmaur wrote:Even without a Move Restriction, the original ward will be notified through MLS that the record was moved, and which ward it moved to, so a Move Restriction is rarely necessary. However, a Move Restriction can be appropriate in some cases where time is of the essence.

How does one get this information? I have not seen it anywhere?
The wikiis our friendly repository of handy information. See the article Move restriction.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Miknmaur wrote:It would be nice to be able to select "contact Prior Bishop" in a record so that if it does get pulled the new Bishop would be informed. I believe the only time that a record can show contact prior Bishop is if I am moving the record, not if it is pulled by another unit.
But as you stated yourself. MLS provides the notification that a record has been pulled. The old biship then just needs to contact the new bishop.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”